We are on an aggressive Category expansion spree and looking for a Category Manager who will help us broaden the gamut of our offerings. Spotting product opportunities, proficiency in sourcing come naturally to you. You will have a proven track record in Category expansion with a developed vendor network and a fantastic commercial orientation. As a personality type, you are a go-getter with an excellent communication flair.
Check out the detailed requirements below :
Experience: 5+ years in similar/relevant field
- Ideate and execute long-term development strategies for your product category
- A go to market approach to stay abreast with prevailing products, forecasts & trends with a keen eye on consumer needs & wants.
- Be on top to map competition offerings with emphasis to the price points, best sellers & accordingly identify gaps in our product portfolio.
- Present the products to the management with expected revenue additions.
- Assume responsibility for getting category budget approved & review it with the management on a periodic basis.
- Identify sourcing channels, select & onboard reliable vendors on the basis of best offers on price, quality & credit terms.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with such category vendors
- Periodic analysis of sales & stock figures to replenish the store as well as online space.
- Plan promotional strategies for slow movers & clearance plan for the non-performers.
- Visit the Stores regularly to stay updated with the feedbacks of customer, sales team & ensure product availability under the umbrella of feedbacks & sales performance.
- Raise the POs to the Vendors & ensure goods receipt is as per the order.
- Maintain the T&A calendar & ensure the deliveries to match the planned dates.
- Ensure quality assurances for all orders are conducted well in time to receive a compliant product.
- Ensure smooth goods receipt in system & arrange for payments in accordance.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with the Marketing team & ensure that product listings are well taken care of before product launch.